- First and most important rule: Have fun!
The Historium is a safe place for family and friends. Enjoy your visit!
- Wearing a face mask is mandatory!
A face mask is mandatory during a visit to the Historium and/or Duvelorium. Feel free to bring your own mask and earbuds during your visit.
- Disinfect your hands on arrival.
You will find dispensers throughout the building.
- Keep a safe distance and respect each other.
For your health and the people around you, we ask to keep 1.5 meters away at all times. Also come only with your own family and / or your 'cuddle' contact.
- We are happy to help you!
Our employees are happy to help you, so do not hesitate.
Plan your visit
• There is a strict control on the maximum number of visitors. This depends on the total surface of our building, which means that we allow a maximum of 100 visitors at the same time.
• Buy your tickets online. This way you avoid queues and you are sure of your visit.
• We limit and spread our visitors as much as possible. Individual visitors are welcome every day during opening hours. Reservations by date and time are not necessary: the maximum waiting time is 5 minutes.
• Schools and groups must book their visit in advance. School groups must book their visit per class. We are not yet allowed to welcome groups (eg associations or companies). If necessary, we ask you to divide or postpone your visit.
• Consult the safety guidelines online here and read them again in our building.
• We take all necessary precautions to ensure a safe visit, but are not liable if someone falls ill.
During your visit
• Consult the safety guidelines. These are clearly displayed on an information board at the entrance of Historium and at the information stand in the entrance hall. Our employees are happy to assist you.
• Follow the ground markings we made to indicate social distancing. Where necessary, 'waiting dots' are also applied to the floor, so that you can always keep a distance of at least 1.5 meters.
• Do not forget to put on your mouth mask when entering the building.
• Wash and disinfect your hands regularly. Use the disinfectant gel dispensers at the entrance and at other places in the building, including in the attractions.
• Show your online ticket at the Historium Ticket Office. If you don't have tickets yet, you can purchase them locally and pay electronically.
• Preferably you pay contactless. The payment terminal is disinfected after each use. Payment in cash is unfortunately not possible.
• There is a plexi wall at each desk that separates the contact between visitor and employee. Don't worry, we still see and hear each other!
• You should take backpacks and handbags with you during your visit. The use of the lockers is only permitted if absolutely necessary for safety.
• Follow the instructions of our employees. If we are full, we ask to wait a while or to come back at a later time.
• Our employees always ensure that visitors cross each other as little as possible and that the minimum distance is guaranteed.
• Our toilets are only accessible to our visitors and are cleaned intensively at least twice a day.
• The capacity of the Historium Story has been modified to a maximum of 5 people per time slot. Every visitor receives an audioguide that is disinfected after each use. Disinfection takes place with UV-C light in a specially equipped device. Each also receives a set of individual audio earphones that can be taken home after the visit.
• In the Historium Virtual Reality, the booths are completely disinfected after each visitor. We also provide disposable face masks to avoid direct contact between the VR goggles and the skin.
• During a visit to the Historium Tower, every visitor is given gloves to wear during the climb to the top. In this way we avoid direct contact with contact points in the tower.
• All other contact points are disinfected on a very regular basis throughout the day. These include doorknobs, balustrades, machines…
• We limit the number of visitors in our attractions as well as our waiting times to a maximum of 5 minutes.
Do you have another question?
View our FAQ page or send us your question.
Our measures for a safe and coronaproof visit were made possible with the support of the Province of West Flanders.